In 2013-2014, the AFA Board of Directors worked to create a different approach to the strategic direction of the Association. The Strategic Framework was introduced formally to the membership at the 2014 Annual Meeting. The desire to create a model that supports and encourages innovative thought and opportunities for our members is the goal of the framework in its current structure.
As the Board of Directors continues to work toward tangible outcomes from the framework model, we have heard the feedback from members asking for more opportunities to become involved with volunteering for the Association. For this reason, we created Strategic Framework Workgroups that align with the functional areas of the Association.
Membership on these committees will take place through both an appointment process by the President, and if you previously indicated your desire to participate through the volunteer involvement form (i.e. short term workgroup section). Workgroups will be tasked with working with both the Board of Directors and the Central Office staff to execute and further develop resources and/or processes that benefit the membership and the Association.
Please see below for the workgroups and a description of their function:
- Educational Resources - Includes but not limited to various programs, meetings, and educational initiatives sponsored by or in conjunction with the Association
- Communications - Includes but not limited to the publications of the Association and overall communication and engagement with members
- Research & Development - Includes but not limited to data collection of the profession and current relevant topics. Work will also include involvement with Oracle publication.
- Resource Management & Efficient Operations - Includes but not limited to the AFA Foundation, revenue opportunities, volunteers, member recruitment and retention, and overall association operations.
Appointment timeframe is 6 months, and each position will report to a Board of Director liaison. The current Workgroup Chairs are:
- Educational Resources | Michelle Marchand, Delta Upsilon Fraternity
- Communications | Ashley Martin, Delta Upsilon Fraternity
- Research & Development | Joshua Schutts, University of West Florida; Sharrell Hassell-Goodman, George Mason University
- Resource Management & Efficient Operations | Ben Pendry, AFA Foundation; Chad Harris, Farmhouse Fraternity
Click here for a full roster of Strategic Workgroup Committee Members.